Blog Image Resizes 26

Supporting Gas Safety Week 2021

Posted September 13th, 2021 in All Posts, Plumbing & Heating Division

2Teck are once again proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week – an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of all gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas. Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

The law places duties on the employer at any place of work to ensure that any gas appliances, installation pipework and flues under their control, is maintained in a safe condition to prevent risk of injury. If this applies to you, you are duty-bound to ensure gas equipment is installed, commissioned and maintained by an appropriately qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.

Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords must make sure maintenance and annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer to ensure their tenants and wider communities stay safe.

Physical Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly and without warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it.

Screenshot 2021 08 17 at 12.27.45

If you’re suffering from any of the symptoms and feel better when you leave the property, it could be Carbon Monoxide poisoning. If you’re concerned you or someone else may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, make sure you do the following:

✓  Get fresh air immediately
✓  Open all doors and windows, switch off gas appliances and leave the property
✓  Contact your GP, who can check and advise if you need treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning
✓  If you’re concerned there is immediate danger, call the gas emergency helpline on 0800 111 999 (mainland GB), 0800 002 001 (Northern Ireland) or look up the number for your UK region at

For further information on staying Gas Safe, visit the Gas Safe Register website.